Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Spencer C: Stopping the Spread of Disease in Third World Countries

Essential question: Is it pratical to use our countries money to help give vaccines to people in third world countries, and would this stop the spread of disease not only in the third world counties but in our country two?

When my group visited Dyax we ask many questions including this one and the response they gave me to me question was that this would be extremely effective but also it would be very expensive. Even through the world is not perfect the there should be much larger of funding to give to making vaccines I wish that we could stop the spread of disease in the world but it would cost a lot of money. It is much important to spend money on creating cures for disease than to make bombs. If we used the millions of dollars we spend in a single day to research find cures for those deadly diseases. Life is a beautiful gift and it should be saved not destroyed and that is why we should spend money on giving aid to create vaccines for people in third world countries.

The favorite part of the JUA trip was to me when we went to the Dominican restaurant. The fried papaya was the greatest fried food I have in a long time. I think that the next I see a Dominican restaurant. The service at that restaurant was indefinitely better than any restaurant I have been to except Burger King. The people in the Dominican side of town are very nice. I think that as far as foreign food goes that is easily the best. I liked the Goya juice I got at the restaurant and when I went home I bought 6 the second day I got back home on holiday break.

Since JUA the career path that I was thinking of perusing was being a nutritionist. The reason I would want to be a nutritionist is because instead of only being able to help people with a specific problem you are able to help all people because eating s something that every body does. Almost every body in the world needs nutritional help because if you don not eat healthy than you are not health and if you are not health than you are more prone to getting sick. And that is why I want to be a nutritionist so I can help people.

No comments: