Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Collin B: Appropriation of Funds in Biotechnology

Essential question: Are biotech niacin spending too much time on finding cures for extremely rare diseases instead of concentrating on finding cures for diseases that affect millions of people all over the world.

When I was on the junior urban adventure or J.U.A finding the answer to my question I was glad to hear some of the things I did. I was also surprised how many different professions there are they deal with medicine. Not only did I learn the answer to my essential question I found a profession I might be interested in now which is a physical therapist.

On the junior adventure we visited physical therapist, dentists, nutritionist, and biotech niacin. When we went to one of the biotech facilities and we got to actually talk to some people that work in the biotech labs. When I asked them about my questions they told me many things I didn’t know prior to my research on the topic. From what I knew on the subject of biotechnology was that they could clone DNA which ultimately clones animals and plants. Also they deal with creating vaccines to eliminate the rarest of diseases. What I didn’t know was that biotech niacin do not deal with rare diseases as I thought. Biotech facilities do concentrate a lot on rare diseases and finding cures to every individuals specific needs. What surprised me the most is when I found out that biotech niacin’s also do work on finding cures to major diseases and cancers like aids and leukemia. The reason why biotech places do not talk as much as the major illnesses rather than the specifics ones is because they are advancing farther in the specific diseases and rare ones than the ones that affect mass millions of people.

Biotech niacin’s are working everyday on solving the biggest mysteries of the disease world. Someday they will find a cure to all cancer and aids. While doing so they will be also finding cures to the racist of the diseases and eventually making it possible to examine an individual and finding out what that person exactly needs to become healthy again without any extra unneeded supplements in the medicine they receive.

No comments: